Health & Wellness Series -- Week 1with Dr. Peter Francis
Welcome to the Health & Wellness Series …
Thank you for letting me be part of you quest for health and wellness. Each week there will be an inspirational quote, a related article on health & wellness, and information on partner and InfoSrch health & wellness products.
As a Senior Director of Academics for a group of universities my life is focused on personal growth. I am excited about finding and providing you with the information you need to improve your health & wellness. There are tons of free resources on the site and my commitment is to keep the products for sale affordable for everyone.
Meet me here each week and I promise to keep it interesting and a good investment of your time. If you have suggestions about topics you would like to see covered send me a note at email@example.com. I answer all of my own email and would love to here from you.
Here’s to your health & wellness …
Dr. Peter Francis
Quote of the Week
Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live!
~ Rachel Ann Nunes
Ten Steps to Accepting Yourself
Two keys to personal fulfillment are to accept yourself for who you are now, and to develop a clear vision of the person you would like to become. For most, the quest for fulfillment is a lifelong journey. Accepting yourself for who you are will help you be comfortable in your own skin for the entire journey.
Steps to Accepting Yourself
1. Self-Reflection – The first step is to take a long look in your most personal of mirrors to identify your own weaknesses and strengths, and the gaps that exist between who you are now and who you want to one day be. Reflect on your experience, accomplishments, mistakes, and successes. Consider those things you have done well and those where you have fallen short. But, most importantly reflect on those things that are important to you and those that are not that might get in the way of becoming the person you want to be.
2. Forgive and Celebrate Yourself – We all have things in our past that we regret, and have accomplishments to be proud of. It is important to do an accounting of both sides of that ledger; to take acknowledge, take responsibility, and forgive ourselves for past mistakes; and to take credit for our accomplishments big and small. If you are anything like me you tend to be way too hard on yourself and are too quick to discount the positive things that you accomplish.
3. Establish Your Intention – Now that you have cleaned the slate it is important that you clearly identify the person that you want top become understanding that it will take time and a million little steps. In addition, this is a great time to establish some reasonable goals and milestones that you want to achieve on your way to your “new self”! Being able to celebrate small successes along the way is important to making progress
4. Prepare for Setbacks – Any process that includes personal change is going to come with setbacks. So, you need to accept that it is going to happen and not let it get you off track. Do not fall for the temptation give up because you don’t meet a goal or have a setback in your progress. Dust yourself off, recommit yourself to the goal, and get back to work.
5. Push Back on Your Inner and Outer Critics – When you decide accept who you are now and strive to become your better self there will be critics lining up to tell you that you will fail or are crazy to even try. They will say things like, “You will never change” or “You have failed so many times, why would you even try again?” or “Why go through all that pain” or “When you fail don’t come crying to me”! Some of those voices will come from your own head. The others will come from your family and friends. Ignore them all. Every moment brings a chance for acceptance, renewal, and hope. Learn to take advantage of those moments.
6. Celebrate Your Successes – I suggest you set short-term goals and milestones for two reasons. First, they act as short steps that can lead to a long successful journey. Second, they give you a chance to celebrate small wins that boost your confidence and silences your critics. One word of warning though – don’t let your small successes slow your pace or worse cause you to take a rest. It is much easier to keep going than to get going!
7. Accepting Your New Self – The process of accepting your new self is going to take time and will come in stages as you evolve. The journey will include ups and downs, some challenges, and even self-doubt. But, if you stay focused on your vision of your new self, and take advantage of the resources you find here you will ultimately be successful and become the person you want to be. Good luck on your journey, and let me know from time-to-time how you are doing … Peter
InfoSrch Health & Wellness Marketplace
Accelerate Your Growth!
Habits & Self-Mastery
If you’re like most success-oriented people, you dream of gaining control over yourself and your life. That would be the ultimate accomplishment for many.
Habits are an important part of this process. Successes and failures are primarily the end result of habits.
Your habits will also determine the long-term results you achieve. The things you do repeatedly matter. The way you handle stress and uncertainty matter. How you plan your day matters. There are many things that matter when you do them day after day over a long period of time. Get started now!
Pages: 60 — Cost: $7.00
Master You Habits & Accelerate Your Growth
You want to change your life. You’re fed up with being who you are and can’t even see clearly who you want to be. You’ve crashed and burned too many times before. Now here you are at a crossroads: do you try one last time, or give up before you even start? Thankfully, giving up doesn’t have to be an option. You can be a better, stronger, more confident version of yourself, and this time you’re guaranteed not to fail.
That’s because this time you’re going to build micro-habits. These tiny changes are about to give you some pretty huge results. Micro-habits are what they sound like – they’re small actions that you do on a regular basis until they become a habit. Incremental change has been proven to work, over and over, in a variety of ways. What makes micro-habits so exciting is that they really are tiny. By embracing them, you’re not indulging in those grand sweeping gestures that caused you to crash and burn before.
In this book, you’re going to first learn the value of incremental change. Then once you understand what a micro-habit is, you’ll get a chance to explore a couple dozen that you can start implementing in your life today! This book will start you off with a variety of suggestions that pertain to Health, Financial Wellness, your Family Life, Career, and even Social Skills. So, get ready to change your life. You’re about to discover a brand new you!
Total Package: $19.00
InfoSrch Gear Stores
Click Images for Access