8 Steps to Success with Small Habits
What if I told you that you could succeed with small habits?
After trying and failing so many times to create the new, more positive habits you crave, is it any wonder that by now you’re probably a little gun-shy about the process? But the truth is, most attempts at forming new habits fail, simply because you’ve tried to bite off more than you can chew. Using small habits instead, you approach your life in a new way, by taking charge in tiny bite-size chunks. Meaning that not only is change possible but so is the ability to become that person you always knew you could be.
How do you create a small habit successfully?
- Don’t try to change the world overnight. Start with just one new habit and then go from there.
- Make a commitment. Not every habit is created equal, and some take longer to embed in your mind than others. But, one thing is true. The longer you perform the same activity day after day, the more success you will have in creating that habit. Decide right now that you’re going to give this new habit at least 3 – 4 weeks to give it a proper start.
- Link the habit to something that already works. If you have a successful habit already in place, ask yourself what small thing you can attach to that habit. For example, you might already be brushing your teeth every day. How hard would it be to add flossing to that routine?
- Keep it small. Knowing that most habit formation fails because you’re trying to do too much too soon, then make a point to keep the changes very small. Mini-habits have a much higher rate of success than trying to create a great big change.
- Have a disaster plan in place. Knowing that things are going to go wrong from the start helps you to be ready when they do. Can’t jog today because it’s raining? That’s ok, you’ve got an entirely different workout in place as a Plan B.
- Grab a friend. The only way to keep on track, especially when building habits, is to use your network. Have an accountability partner or use social media to keep you honest.
- Reward yourself. Celebrate every little milestone with a reward, something that makes sense and will encourage you to keep going when you’re flagging.
- Redefine yourself. Accept that this is the new you. The habits you’re building are going to change who you are – hopefully for the better. Embrace the new identity.
By following these steps, you not only will succeed when applying small habits to your life but over time you’ll see some amazing growth and development as a person. That’s pretty exciting, especially when you consider how little you had to do to get there.
Leadership: Becoming the Leader You’ve Always Wanted to Be
Do you consider yourself a great leader? Leadership skills are highly sought after by employers. Leadership is challenging. It’s part science and part art. The science can be learned conventionally. The art is learned by experience. The ability to combine both separates the great leaders from the rest.
Leaders have the ability to change companies and the world. Leadership skills are easy to learn and always valuable. Advancing your skills may be the best way to advance your career.
Daily Success Rituals Course
Welcome to the Personal Success Rituals Training program. In this program, we are going to be talking about your daily foundation. Setting up a foundation for daily success in your life, not just from an action and implementation perspective but also from a mindset perspective.
Now, before we dive into the daily foundation concepts I want to share with you here today, let’s first define what a daily success ritual is.
Why are rituals important?
Here’s a definition of the word ritual, pulled right out of the dictionary. Ritual is an act or series of acts regularly repeated in a set, precise manner. What does that really mean?
A ritual is something you do without all that much conscious effort. When you think about how busy the average person’s day is, from going to work, if you have kids, if you have a spouse, your day gets extremely busy. You’re pulled in a million different directions, from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed.
It is time to start getting control of your life and improve your productivity with rituals, and there is no better time to start than right now!
Buy The Success Bundle
Get a Bonus eBook
Save a Buck!